To eliminate the risk of freeze damage, your sprinkler system needs to be properly winterized. This service should be done by a professional with an air compressor using the proper pressure (psi) and volume (cfm’s) to eliminate all the water from your sprinkler system. Although small garage/shop compressors can produce high pressure, which can cause damage, they do not have the volume to force the water out of the system. Gallagher Sprinklers uses trailer mounted or large tow behind compressors with pressure regulators to assure your winterization is done right. After one of our service techs shows up on time they will then:
- Shut off water supply to system
- Blow out each zone/station
- Visually inspect system and system components
- Manually drain water where needed
- Drain backflow device and put valves in proper position for winter
- Leave controller in the off position
Avoid costly spring repairs and have Gallagher Sprinklers winterize your sprinkler system.